Fogclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guides

Go down

Guides Empty Guides

Post by Sheyna Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:05 pm

WIP

Herbs

Alder Bark
-Most commonly found in Shiverclan's and Fogclan's wet territories.
-Helps toothaches.

Bindweed
-Has arrow-head shaped leaves with pale white or pink trumpet shaped flowers.
-Found nearly anywhere in the valley.
-Holds sticks to broken legs to keep them in place.

Blackberry Leaves
-Found nearly anywhere in the valley.
-The leaves are chewed into a pulp.
-Eases swelling in bee stings.

Borage Leaves
-Has small blue or pink star-shaped flowers and fuzzy leaves.
-Grows best in Shiverclan's forests, or the drier areas of Fogclan's forest.
-Chewed and eaten.
-Produces more and better milk for queens. Can also bring down fevers.

Burdock Root
-A tall-stemmed thistle with a sharp smell and dark leaves.
-Most common in dry areas, particularly Lightningclan's and Blizzardclan's territories. Also grows in the northern part of Shiverclan.
-The root is dug up and chewed into a pulp.
-Helps heal and lessen pain of infected rat bites.

Burnet
-Has oval-shaped leaves with serrated edges. Stems grow 50-200cm tall, with large clusters of small flower buds on top.
-Grows in grassy meadows. Found in northern Shiverclan. (Also outside of Clan territory, to the south and east of the lake.)
-Traveling herb; keeps a cat's strength up.

Catchweed
-A plant with fuzzy green balls on long stems.
-Common around the bases of the mountains or wherever there is low, shrubby vegetation.
-Burrs are placed over poultices to keep them from being rubbed off.

Catnip/Catmint
-A leafy plant with an alluring minty smell.
-Uncommon. One of the best patches is in Lightningclan's territory, while another smaller patch is in the sandy strip of Fogclan. Other small patches might be found in open areas that are not waterlogged, only rarely.
-Best known cure for greencough and whitecough. But due to its rarity, chickweed is often used instead.

Celandine
-Yellow flower with four petals.
-Grows in the forests of Shiverclan and Fogclan.
-Juice is trickled into a damaged eye to soothe it.

Chervil
-
-
-

Chickweed
-
-
-

Cobwebs
-
-
-

Coltsfoot
-
-
-

Comfrey
-
-
-

Source: http://warriors.wikia.com/wiki/Medicine

Last edited by Sheyna on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sheyna
Sheyna
Admin

https://fogclan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Guides Empty Re: Guides

Post by Sheyna Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:21 pm

Warrior Code

1. Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.

2. Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.

3. Elders, queens, and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders. If any warrior or apprentice is sick or injured, they may eat while the elders, queens, and kits are eating.

4. Prey is killed only to be eaten.

5. A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.

6. Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.

7. A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.

8. The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader dies, retires, or is exiled.

9. After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moonhigh.

10. A Gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There shall be no fighting among Clans at this time.

11. Boundaries should be checked and marked daily.

12. No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, even if the kit is from a different Clan.

13. The word of the Clan Leader is law. The word of a medicine cat also carries weight.

14. An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his/her battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense.

15. Female medicine cats and leaders are not permitted to have kits. If a female deputy has kits, she must step down until they have been apprenticed. A temporary deputy will take her place.

16. Kits should not leave camp and cannot hunt until they are apprenticed.

17. The safety of the Clan is more important than the safety of one cat.

Source: http://warriors.wikia.com/wiki/The_Warrior_Code
Sheyna
Sheyna
Admin

https://fogclan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Guides Empty Re: Guides

Post by Sheyna Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Ceremonies

Apprentice Ceremony

Leader: [Kit], you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as [new name, ending with "paw"]. Your mentor will be [name of warrior]. I hope [name of warrior] will pass down all [he/she] knows on to you.

Leader: [Warrior], you are ready to take on an apprentice. You had received excellent training from [former mentor], and you have shown yourself to be [quality] and [quality]. You will be the mentor of [apprentice], and I expect you to pass on all you know to [apprentice].

Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony

Medicine Cat: Cats of [Clan], as you know, I will not be around forever. So it's time I took an apprentice. I have chosen a cat who has shown [virtues]. Your next medicine cat will be [apprentice].

Leader: [Apprentice], do you accept the post of apprentice to [medicine cat]?

Apprentice: I do.

Medicine Cat: Then at the half-moon, you must travel to Star Falls to be accepted by StarClan before the other medicine cats.

Leader: The good wishes of all [Clan] will go with you.

At Star Falls:

Medicine Cat: [Apprentice], is it your wish to enter the mysteries of StarClan as a medicine cat?

Apprentice: It is.

Medicine Cat: Then come forward.

Medicine Cat: Warriors of StarClan, I present you with this apprentice. [He/she] has chosen the path of a medicine cat. Grant [him/her] your wisdom and insight so that [he/she] may understand your ways and heal [his/her] Clan in accordance with your will.

(The apprentice will then speak with Starclan.)

Warrior Ceremony

Leader: I, [Leader], leader of [Clan], call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. [He/she] has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend [him/her] to you as a warrior in [his/her] turn.

Leader: [Apprentice], do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?

Leader: Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. [Apprentice], from this moment you will be known as [new warrior name]. StarClan honors your [virtues], and we welcome you as a full warrior of [Clan].

Medicine Cat Ceremony

(Performed at Star Falls.)

Medicine Cat: I, [name], medicine cat of [Clan], call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. [He/she] has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help [he/she] will serve [his/her] Clan for many moons.

Medicine Cat: [Apprentice], do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?

Medicine Cat: Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your true name as a medicine cat. [Apprentice], from this moment you will be known as [new name]. StarClan honors your [virtues], and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of [Clan].

Deputy Ceremony

Leader: I say these words before StarClan, so that the spirits of our warrior ancestors [or former deputy name] may hear and approve of my choice. The new deputy of [Clan] is [warrior's name].

Leader Ceremony

Life-Giver: (Touches nose to the top of the new leader's head) With this life I give you [gift]. Use it well [to, in, as, for, etc.] [use of gift].

After all nine lives have been given:

Previous Leader: I hail you by your new name, [new name]. Your old life is no more. You have now received the nine lives of a leader, and StarClan grants you the guardianship of [Clan]. Defend it well; care for young and old; honor your ancestors and the traditions of the warrior code; live each life with pride and dignity.

Elder Ceremony

(Usually only held if cat is retiring of old age, not injury.)

Leader: [Warrior], is it your wish to give up the name of a warrior and go to join the elders?

Warrior: It is.

Leader: Your Clan honors you and all the service you have given to us. I call upon StarClan to give you many moons of rest.

Dying Apprentice Ceremony

Leader: I ask my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. [He/She] has learned the warrior code and given up [his/her] life in the service of [his/her] Clan. Let StarClan receive [him/her] as a warrior. [He/She] will be known as [new name].

Name Changing Ceremony

Leader: Spirits of StarClan, you know every cat by name. I ask you now to take away the name from the cat you see before you, for it no longer stands for what [he/she] is. By my authority as Clan leader, and with the approval of our warrior ancestors, I give this cat a new name. From this moment on [he/she] will be known as [new name], for [description of the reason].

Examples of Virtues:
-Bravery
-Courage
-Cleverness
-Determination
-Energy
-Enterprise
-Enthusiasm
-Fighting skill
-Forethought
-Honesty
-Independence